IKEA - Diversityday
The IKEA Group faces an exciting and challenging future ahead transforming into a multichannel retailer, where customer fulfilment will be crucial to deliver our long term ambitions. Customer Fulfilment has the global responsibility for making IKEA products & core services available for customers wherever and whenever they choose to buy them.
Within the Customer Fulfilment Organization, Distribution Services South Europe offers great opportunities for IKEA and we have set high ambitions on what we aim to achieve in the region. DS South Europe secures the deliveries of goods to customers and stores in France, Italy, Spain & Portugal and in the Middle East area, from distribution units located in Piacenza, Rome, Valls, Lyon, Metz, Paris, Marseille, and Dubai. The DS South Europe organization benefits from a highly competent and collaborative team that is committed to meeting our challenging growth agenda, while also enjoying the cultural and social experience of living in southern Europe.
About the job
Communication is a strategic and supportive resource for efficient leadership of the IKEA business and people. Communication supports us in reaching our business goals and in actively building long-term trust in IKEA and our home furnishing offer.
As Local Communication Specialist, you will have the responsibility to secure clear and simple communication, that is in line with the Internal Communication Strategy on DS Area and you will contribute to a positive work environment within the local site.
You will report to Unit Manager and you will have these tasks:
- Secure the communication landscape in the site as a foundation for leading business and people;
- Member of the site management team;
- Participate and contribute to the local business/action plan process;
- Plan, coordinate, produce, and follow up communication based on the local Communication Calendar and plans;
- Support managers, team leaders and co-workers with communication activities and change management; work to develop their communication and change management competences;
- Be an ambassador of the IKEA Brand and the IKEA culture and values, and secure that this is reflected in all communication material;
- Secure that the IKEA home furnishing expertise is reflected on-site;
- Participate on area communication projects and activities;
- Secure collaboration and alignment of communication activities between relevant stakeholders in the local market;
- Maintain a country network with other IKEA units (i.e. Retail).
Is this challenge for you?
We are looking for someone with the following requirements:
- University degree in Communication, Media, or similar;
- Ability to use relevant tools, applications, channels and basic layout skills;
- Fluent in written and spoken English as well as local language;
- Understanding of how to use communication as a strategic tool to achieve business and people goals;
- Understand audience/target group needs;
- Coach and advice unit leaders in communication and motivated by supporting other people to be excellent communicators;
- Work independently and pro-actively to seek information and keep up-to-date with what’s happening in the organization;
- Ability to interpret complex business directions and decisions and translate into simple messages;
- Ability to combine strategic and operational work;
- Skilled communicator; excellent verbal and written communication, with a simple and down-to-earth tone of voice;
- Builds strong relationships and trust with both leaders and co-workers;
- Shares and lives the IKEA culture and values;
- Interested in home furnishing and people’s everyday life at home. Relates to the IKEA range;
- Passionate about the power of communication and leading through communication;
- Interested in following communication trends and turning them into practice;
- Customer focus;
- Availability to travel;
- Mobility is an asset.